Monday, March 14, 2011

Fever

It's me. Ugh.

I had decided last night that I was going to set aside today, Monday, as a day of prayer and fasting. We are dealing with a lot right now and are asking God to make His ways known and, if it is in His will, to move a mighty mountain. I was worried that I'd be tempted to start my morning with my coffee- today was to be the last glorious cup of my all time favorite seasonal creamer. I stocked up a few months ago after I found it on sale with an expiration date of May. I got 6 bottles. Oh how I wish I had purchased them all!

But the coffee wasn't even tempting. I put the cup Paul had so lovingly made me in the fridge. My tummy was not feeling so well. I figured it was stress. By the time I arrived at work I knew something was a bit off. I drank my water all morning, but food would have been the farthest thing from my mind, even if I wasn't fasting. My assistant did most of the instruction today and we got everything ready for tomorrow, should I need a sub. I was still thinking I was off from daylight savings time and lack of sleep. But the thermometer at home painted a clearer picture- I'm sick. Just over 100, and considering my 'usual' is 97.something, that's high.

So I have a great sub tomorrow, the kids are outside playing so it's quiet. I have a cup of herbal tea and my Bible. I'm going to spend some alone time with God and add on some prayers that the fever goes away just as quickly as it came.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. yuck... Dawson and I are 'under the weather' ourselves, and it is miserable! I'm praying you are feeling better soon, too, and that we can all get back to feeling well and focusing on the important things in life. Praying you get all the answers you are seeking and that He moves mountains for you!

    love and hugs,
    ~ Tanya

    ReplyDelete