Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Great causes

Feelin' better today. Not 100% yet, but on the mend for sure. Went back to work today and sent Teagan back to school. My Pre K kids missed me (it was a nice welcome back) but whoa... Let's just say 2 days with a substitute left me with 16 overly rambunctious 5 year olds to re-tame. I had a headache in a matter of minutes from their decibel level. Enough about me.

And I know I'm predominantly preachin' to the choir since my bloggy friends who stop by are all running in the same circles, but on the off chance that I have a visitor...



Please go and visit Tanya's fundraising blog to bring Khloe home!!

I just got my donation together and photographed and sent to Tanya a few days ago and she has added it to the group of fabulous prizes. I know that the Lord will continue to richly bless this family as they prepare to finally go and get that sweet, little blessing!


Only one day left before the Love Without Boundaries 2010 Art Auction goes live!! Can't wait to see all of the donations this year and do some shopping. Last year I was more on the ball and I put together a large assortment of bows that brought in a nice chunk-o-change for LWB. I had great intentions this year, but having gone back to teaching plus still running the bow business has left me running on empty and time almost completely got away. Then I saw one of Valerie's planned donations and had an idea involving a collaboration and my sweet friend not only agreed to let me jump on her bandwagon, but she whipped up an amazing skirt and got it to me in record time so I could complete the set. It was so much fun to do and I'll post all about it in the next few days. I'm almost giddy to see how God uses the fruits of the talents he has blessed all of the artisans with to raise funds to bless others.

And, if you have not yet had the great fortune to visit the blog of my dear friend Adeye, please do so. She needs our prayers tomorrow, more than ever, as she faces the judge in the Ukraine to adopt two miracles who desperately need out...now. There is a 10 day waiting period that comes after this court appointment and prayers are being lifetd to our Lord on high that this 10 day period be waived.



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, it is nice to "meet" you! =) Thanks for stopping by my page. Wow! We do have a lot in common. I want to follow your story, I'll be visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kelly! I'm so blessed to have such amazing friends. We may have met in Bloggyville, but I can't wait until the day we can have a Bloggy Get-together and meet in person...what a wonderful and blessed day that will be!! Valerie (or was it Tara?...maybe both?!...hmmmm??) and I have talked about cook'in something up in the future...so one day it WILL happen!! :)

    I'm glad you're feeling better and I pray that God richly blesses you for your generous heart. When it's your turn, I will SO be there for you, too!

    LOVE YA!
    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...just a note that the pretty little outfit/bow auction that you and Valerie did together, still isn't up on the auction. All of her other skirts and creations are, so I just thought you should know, incase they missed it!

    I loved the photo of your precious "girly girl' modeling it...so pretty!!

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete