Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Under the weather

Ugh.


That word about sums it all up.


We are hardly ever sick around here, but have been struggling this past week. The beautiful arrival of spring has brought about the worst pollen the area has seen in over 100 years. Everything is a not so lovely shade of yellow. We have to hose down the cars daily so we don't get the darn stuff all over our hands just opening and closing the doors. Needless to say, sinus pressure, runny noses and watery eyes abound and have hit our househould hard.

Then this weekend it hit. Teagan has what the pediatrician is calling "the plague."

Lovely

Basically it's the flu, only it's not. No muscle or body aches, but everything else. And it's apparently running rampant around here. Great. {Sarcasm fully intended}She's back to her crazy self today, but still has absolutely no appetite. And that's far from normal for this kid.

I, on the other hand, have strep throat. I thought I had caught whatever delightful bug Teaggie had when I started feeling awful late Sunday. But a visit to our respective doctors (which took a majority of the day Monday) revealed that I have strep and she has "the plague." I'm about to hit the 24 hours on antibiotics point and hope that I'll be feeling much better soon. I'm not a good sick person. I'm not sure anybody really is, but I really am not.

Off to drink more fluids and offer Teagan another popsicle.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly! That's rough. :( We've had some high pollen and allergy troubles here as well, but NOTHING compared to what your crew is going through! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray'in for you, dear friend. Get better SOON!! Those pollens are causing a lot of allergy troubles for so many around here, too. The spring rains should help to calm them a bit...I hope?!

    Sending BIG HUGS your way!! <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that your family is dealing with the "plague"...I have awful spring allergies so I get misery, but that sounds like MISERY.

    Praying for healing soon.

    Love your blog title, btw.

    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete