Saturday, July 24, 2010

Home

Back from vacation. I'll have lots of pictures to post, but they are still on my camera.

My mom took the girlies and I on a "Girl's Getaway." We used a trade in from their time share. My dad put in for the trade only a few months ago, so there wasn't a lot to select from, especially since the big parameter was that it was in driving distance for me since I'd be the one to do all the driving.

So where did we go??

We went from VA, through West Va, Maryland and into Pennsylvania. Followed 81 North up and down some mountains and go off on 80 East into the Pocono Mountains to a little resort. It was OK. The time together was great. And so were the temperatures.

It was only in the 80's and most of the time there was a breeze. I also really liked that there were not mosquitos, as I get bit all the time at home. We took many day trips to girlie places like grocery stores and outlet malls and small unique ribbon stores and a quaint small town. We rode a 1920's train through a river valley, toured a turn of the century mansion, hiked (OK, so that's a bit of a stretch) in a State Park on a boulder field, swam in two lakes, went to the Crayola Factory (SO cool!!) and a bunch of other adventures.

It took 14 hours to get home to Nana's house Thursday, just before midnight. We made several brief shopping pit stops and two meals. It was an exhausting drive and it took me most of Friday to recover before I could make the final hour drive back from Nana's to our home.

Pics to follow!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment