Saturday, August 27, 2011

Getting Nasty

Hours away from the full impact and it's already getting nasty outside.

I had to go out this morning around 11 to drop off my loot at the month long consignment sale I participate in each year. The ladies in charge are being diehards about their time line, so it was get my stuff in today, or sit this sale out. I'' earn $500 if all my stuff sells (expecting about $300 based on past experience), so I felt motivated and safe enough to go out early and get it there!

Hard rain and steady winds with 30 MPH winds. Lots of small branches down all over. Chick-fil-A was open, so I went through the drive thru and picked up sandwiches for everybody. Parked the car down on the street so I'm out of the way of all the big trees near the driveway.

Banana chocolate chip bread just came out of the oven. Glad to get that cooked before the power goes out. It's flickered a bunch and VA power has many outages reported already in our immediate area. Dropping pressure isn't good for my headache- ugh.

We are in for a long day/night!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kelly, I'm praying for you guys to be safe!!! Please know you are always welcome here in the Midwest ... the boys could benefit from some good time with some girls. Quite honestly they'd have a blast I'm sure!
    Take Care!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete